Saturday, March 7, 2009

Introductions

11 comments:

  1. Hi all!

    I'm Jackson from NUS and I'm a fourth year physics major. This is my graduating semester (I know, bad time to graduate...), so I suppose this gives me some... ahem... excuse to be less active as I'm rounding up my honours thesis in the next couple of weeks. The last time I touched my geography textbooks was, like, nearly ten years ago, so I'm afraid I won't be able to give much technical contributions.

    Anyway, I have been to ANU before. That was nearly two years ago, when I'm on exchange for one semester there (student ID: u4437935, and LOL!... my ANU Mail is still accessible!). It was one of the coolest moment of my life! Depending on the situation, I may take on graduate studies over at ANU. Man, I miss the days of cycling along Lake Burley Griffin or just sitting on the grass along University Avenue.

    I know you guys at ANU are just starting off the semester; we, on the other hand, have passed the halfway point. It's kind of a pity that we only have about six weeks of collaboration, because I thought this is a really great idea! But in any case, I hope we can get the best out of whatever time we have!

    Cheers,
    Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all! (:

    I'm Elaine from NUS and I'm a second year Geography major!

    Well, I've been part of another online discussion-exchange with students from Canadian and Australian universities for a previous module (GE3237 - Migration) and it was pretty awesome to hear about their hometowns and schoolife (as well as their views on migration-related topics).

    Can't wait to hear from you guys! (:

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there.. =)

    I'm Wei Jun from NUS, 2nd year Arts and Social Science student majoring both in Geography and Sociology. Yep..

    I've been to Australia too! But not like Jackson on exchange. Went once for tour and for my junior college's fieldtrip to Perth. I secretly prefer your weather there! Singapore is too hot sometimes. haha!

    Apart from the upcoming projects, I hope we'll get to know each other better and enjoy the process!

    -Wei Jun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone!

    I'm so pleased to hear from you all! I'm Liam from ANU, and I've just started a Science/Economics degree. I've lived in Canberra for the last 7 years.

    I'm please to say that I have visited Singapore, although unfortunately it was only for a few days. It is such an amazing place. I just loved the food, one of the best dishes I have ever had was satay from a street vendor near our hotel.

    It should be great fun getting to know everyone over the next few weeks.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it just me, or is it that the posts on the blog's main page have disappeared?

    If everyone's having this problem, then one solution is to go to the blog layout, edit any one of the page elements and save without making any changes. I think it is a Blogspot bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed the missing posts as well. Fortunately it looks to have been rectified.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I didn't know you people have already been interacting this much on our blog till now. It's cool!

    By the way I'm Ying Ying, from NUS and a year 2 Geography major student. I have never been to Australia before but I've heard that the sceneries there are lovely. I do hope I can visit Australia sometime in the future.

    Australia is one of the 'must visit' places for physical geography students here in Singapore because of the natural landscape as well as the proximity to us. Wonderful place. =)

    I look forward to our collaboration. It's my first time collaborating with students from overseas. Exciting! May we have a successful collaboration. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey everybody!

    I'm Ashleigh from ANU and I've just started my first year of a Bachelor of Science. Unfortunately, I can't say I've been to Singapore or any other country in Asia as of yet, though I travelled all over Europe last year, which was amazing. And hopefully once I've finished this degree I'll get a chance to see a lot more of the world..
    My other courses are Maths, Chemistry and Biology, so I'm counting on Environmental Science to be a bit more fun. Looking forward to collaborating with all you guys! Its my first time too and at first I thought it was going to be kind of difficult and time-consuming but this looks awesome! go team :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I'm Che,

    I have just moved to Canberra from Newcastle, NSW to study at ANU. I am a postgraduate science student (ecology/geography), environmental scientist, builder, designer, adventurer.

    I have been to Singapore, but unfortunately I have only seen the airport.

    I look forward to working with you all.

    ReplyDelete